Thursday, July 21, 2011

New Project

  I am soo looking forward to making these. A fun craft that can last for a long time to come!


You need:

old pattern
2 ft. small ribbon or string

I cut 8 pieces of pattern paper 12"x 20" for a 12 inch round pom.
You need at least 8 sheets to make a full pom.


Next, fold accordion style along the 12 inch side of your paper.
Pretend you are making a fan:).



Round out the edges.


Then find the middle by folding in half.



Tie your string securely around the middle and then start fluffing the layers out toward the center. Try and get each sheet of tissue separated...if you rip or tear, don't worry, it only adds to the "look."



Ta Daaa....your pattern paper pom {say that 10 times really fast}  is finished!


The best part is that you can re-use them!
I store mine in a Rubbermaid tote and have quite a selection to use for decoration.
Simply find the middle of the pom and press down.


Flatten it out.

I found this
 
Happy Crafting!
 
 Until then,

 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring me on your lovely blog! I hope you really enjoyed the poms:).

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your blog! The poms are adorable!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete