Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Blog Worth Reading


First off, just wanted to give a heads up that my husband Travis started his very own blog! He is an excellent writer and I promise will keep you interested. Check out his first blog and don't forget to flow him.

Today was my first day to sing in the choir at 5th Street Presbyterian. I have always wanted to sing in the choir at church, but I didn't have to time to devote to it so I never felt like I could. Since graduation though I have been able to make more commitments to the church and am enjoying every minute of it. I am singing 2nd soprano and so far really like it!

In other exciting news, tomorrow starts the first day of UT Tyler classes. Pretty crazy that I will not be sitting in those classrooms this semester, but it also reminds me of how far God has brought me. Travis starts tomorrow with a 9am class. I am so proud of him as he starts his senior year and continues to work in commercial real estate. Keep praying that his listings will attract some potential buyers. We would love to see some properties sold here pretty soon.

So we love Netflix, and are currently watching Friday Night Lights on streaming. We loved it, but now we just have all kind of issues with the characters. It seems like sometimes they don't have a brain. I feel like we can't stop watching because we are already on season 3 and devoted. Sometimes seems like there is no common sense involved in the planning of the show. Anyways, that is just a little confession. Maybe we are feeling this way because we are watching it off Netflix and not in real time. I have heard it doesn't get better. We can only hope.

I start the new J O B on Tuesday morning. I am excited and nervous! I am ready to start making that money though that is for sure. I went on Friday and Saturday to purchase my scrubs. It was so hard to find colors I liked and the sizes I needed. We can wear any color except for black, white, and denim (which is fine by me...denim scrubs? Denim Dan...no thanks) The tops and the bottoms have to match too, so that was difficult trying to find a matching pair. I ended up going with a classic dark blue and a lighter more of a cobalt blue with hot pink pipping. I literally never thought that I would purchase scrubs in my life, but I excited to pick some out.  I believe Tuesday and Wednesday is going to be filled with a lot of paperwork and videos for training.  We are thinking that it could get a little tricky with the car situation, we only have one car as of right now so Travis is going to have to drop me off at work every morning at 8am and then head off to class at 9am and then do his thing the rest of the day working and going to class and whatnot. Hopefully the car thing will not be an issue, but it would be nice to get another one soon. All apart of God's plan.

Last night we finally went to see HP7P2. It was seriously awesome. So glad we got to see it in theaters. Travis finished reading all 7 books, cause he is the boss. I feel like I need to read all of them now since we have all the books. I read "The Help" and it was awesome. A very easy read and a great story. I think it was one of the more detailed books I have read. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good story. I also got to see the movie earlier this week. I thought it went right along with the book. A must read/watch!

Anywhos, I think that is all that is going on the the Heim household as of lately. Don't forget to check out Travis' blog!

Until then,

No comments:

Post a Comment