Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First day

Today was my first day on the job! I really enjoyed it. It was perhaps a tad bit boring filling out paperwork and watching training videos from the 90's, but overall it was a great day. I arrived at Heaton at 9:30am and immediately started filling out papers. I then went on a tour of the building with a delightful lady name Patty who was just adorable. She has worked for Heaton for 23 years. I really liked her. I was happy to be able to walk about and learn my whereabouts because that place is kinda like a maze to me.  I got to meet a lot of the techs, nurses, and even 2 of the doctors that were in today. They were both very nice. One doctor brought me into his office to show me a picture of his daughter who is also named Emma. I thought that was cute. After the tour I was lead into my very own conference room where I began to watch videos.  I finished 3 videos and it was time for lunch. I was a little nervous about lunch, because I didn't know any of the ladies very well and I was planning on eating my lunch in the kitchen. It turned out to be okay though, there was a lot of techs and nurses I sat and chatted with. Following lunch I was put back into the conference room and watched a series of videos that were an hour each along with a workbook.
       Overall, it was a great day. I am very honored that I was selected to work for Heaton. Everyone already knew my name and that I was starting to work today. I felt very welcomed.  Can't wait to see how the rest of the week turns out!
       Tonight Travis and I are going to a concert/picnic for RUF on campus. With FREE pizza! Sweet words to a new wife. haha. It will be great to see our friends that we haven't seen in awhile.
        Thanks for your prayers! The first day was great!

Until then,




1 comment: